The FS21 is Farm21's newest product. This device has additional features and different connectivity compared to the FS11.
The device will retail around 200 euro per sensor, but if you order now a discount of 25 euro per device will apply. Expected production June 2021.
FS21 main module:
- Cellular communication through NB-IoT and LTE-M (2g fallback)
- GPS for positioning
Air temperature at 10 cm above soil level
- Air humidity at 10 cm above soil level
Low-energy usage (lasts up to a year on a single charge)
- Rechargeable and solar panel compatible (future update)
- Modular design for other sensor add-ons in the near future
Wireless data transmission with NB-Iot and LTE-M
Soil moisture add-on (comes as standard in this kit)
- Capacitive soil moisture sensing at 0-10 cm 10-20 cm and 20-30 cm depth
- Soil temperature at -10 cm and -20 cm
The FS21 LoRa sensor starter kit includes:
- 5 FS21 cellular NB-IoT/LTE-M field sensors with soil moisture add-on
- A user manual
- An installation peg
A platform license is required after activating a device in the Farm21 dashboard. Pricing is €5.25 p/m/device. The device comes with a Farm21 sim card that includes global connectivity in all NB-IoT and LTE-M covered countries.